- 19¾ stitches & 23 rows = 4″ in pattern from Chart A, B, or C with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- One 16-stitch & 32-row repeat from chart measures 3¼” wide and 5½” tall with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 6½ mm (US 10½)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 47″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 6 mm (US 10)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 39¼ (41½, 45¾, 48, 52¼, 54½)” circumference at chest (buttoned)
- Sample shown is size 41½” with 9½” ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.