- Garment is knit in the round from the bottom up in one piece to the underarms; at this point Front and Back are divided and worked separately to the shoulders.
- The sleeves are knit in the round from the bottom up in one piece to the underarms, then cap shaping is worked back and forth in rows.
- The turtleneck is picked up from the neck opening and knit in the round.
Working and Finished Gauges:
- 20 stitches & 30 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A Needles
- 20 stitches & 22 rounds = 4″ in two-color Fair Isle pattern from Chart with Size B Needles
Size A (For Single-Color Stockinette Stitch):
- One 32″ long circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain stockinette stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (For Two-Color Fair Isle):
- One 32″ long circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain Fair Isle pattern gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size C (For Tubular Cast On and Ribbing):
- One each 32″ and 16″ long circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) two sizes smaller than Size A needles
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size D (For Collar):
- One 16″ long circular needle one size smaller than Size A needles
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
If using the Magic Loop method for working Sleeves in the round, the 32” circular needles can be used and the DPNs omitted.
- 36¾ (39¼, 41½, 44, 46½, 48¾, 51¼)” chest circumference
- Sample shown is size 39¼” with +6¼” ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.