Quarry is a handcrafted product. For best results, we recommend alternating skeins when joining in a new skein for even color distribution.
Since Quarry’s three strands are unspun, you’ll find that Quarry may twist between the ball and your needles as you work. Simply run your fingers gently along the working yarn toward the ball if the twizzles begin to interfere with your knitting.
Quarry ends left to dangle will unravel, so weave them in as you go or use a Felted Join when adding in new yarn.
When you need a little more tensile strength, whether for seaming or because you’re about to put a group of stitches under pressure with a big cabling maneuver, simply twirl your working yarn a few revolutions in the direction of the ply twist to strengthen it.
- Fill a sink or basin with cold water.
- Submerge the fabric in water, gently squeezing out any air bubbles so that the piece can remain under water without being held there.
- Soak work for 15 minutes, allowing fabric to become completely saturated.
- Remove excess moisture by rolling your fabric between clean, dry towels with light pressure.
- Lay fabric flat and shape to air dry.
For more detailed instructions, visit our Blocking 101 tutorial.