- 27 stitches & 40 rounds = 4″ in single-color stockinette stitch with Size A needle, after blocking
- 27 stitches & 35 rounds = 4″ in charted colorwork with Size B needle, after blocking
Note: Correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Single-Color Stockinette Stitch and Garter Rib)
- One each 16″, 24″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Size B (for Charted Colorwork)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs, one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Due to significant variance between knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether or not Size B should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A. Please read about Speed Swatching for Circular Knitting (see Special Techniques).
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 32 (35½, 39, 42¾, 46¼, 49¾, 53¼)” [81.5 (90, 99, 108.5, 117.5, 126.5, 135.5) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 1–3″ [2.5–7.5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 35½” [90 cm] with 4½” [11.5 cm] ease on model