- 26 stitches & 39 rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 26 stitches & 39 rounds = 4″ in Yoke Chart pattern with Size B needle(s), after blocking
Note: Be sure to swatch both stitch patterns to ensure proper sizing.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size B (for Yoke Chart and Ribbing)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Due to significant variance among knitters, your Yoke Chart fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether this needle size should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A.
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On)
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3 mm (US 2½)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 38¼ (41¾, 46¼, 50½, 54¼, 57¾)” [97 (106, 117.5, 128.5, 138, 146.5) cm] circumference at chest
- Samples shown are size 41¾” [106 cm] with 9¾” [25 cm] ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.