- Scarf is worked flat from one end to the other.
- Hat is worked circularly from the bottom up, beginning with a tubular cast on.
- 27 stitches & 29½ rows/rounds = 4″ in cabled pattern from charts with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 44-stitch Scarf motif measures 6½” wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 16″ circular needle, either one 32″ circular needle or a pair of straight needles*, and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)† in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing):
- One 16″ circular needle, and either one 32″ circular needle or a pair of straight needles, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only):
- One 16″ circular needle, and either one 32″ circular needle or a pair of straight needles*, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
†32” circular needle can be used instead of DPNs and 16″ circular if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. Please test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- Scarf (one size): 6½” width; 49″ length
- Hat: 18¼ (21, 21, 21¾)” circumference; 7½ (7½, 8, 8¾)” length
- Sized for 2 years (4–6 years, 8–10 years, youth–adult)
- Sample shown is size 4–6 years on model of 6 years
Please note: the stitch patterns in this set are charted only.