- The hat is worked in the round from the ribbed brim to the crown.
- 27½ stitches & 32 rounds = 4″ in Laurel Chart pattern with Size A needle(s), unstretched after blocking
- One 24-stitch repeat from chart measures approximately 3½” wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One 16” circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 16″ circular needle* two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C (for optional Tubular Cast On only)
- One 16″ circular needle* one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32” circular needle can be used instead of 16” circular and DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round.
- 18¼” [46.5 cm] circumference at brim; 21″ circumference at widest point
7¾” [19.5 cm] height
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.