- Garment is worked as two separate pieces (Front and Back) and seamed during finishing.
- Shoulder slopes are shaped using short rows.
- Ribbed neck and armbands are picked up and worked directly from garment, after it has been seamed.
- Underarm dolman shaping is achieved by casting on extra stitches at the end of RS and WS rows to create “sleeves.”
- 32 (35½, 39, 42½, 46, 49½)” finished chest circumference, seamed
- Sample shown is size 35½” with + 1½” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 18 stitches & 28 rows = 4″ in Textured Stitch Pattern with Size A needles, after blocking
Size A (for Main Body):
- One 32″ circular (or pair of straights) in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Tubular Cast On and Bands):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, four sizes smaller than Size A needles
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size C (for Ribbing and Bands):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, three sizes smaller than Size A needles
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size D (For Bands):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, two sizes smaller than Size A needles
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
If using the Magic Loop method for working Armhole Edgings in the round, the Size B, C, and D 32″ circular needles can be used and the Size B, C, and D 16″ circular needles omitted.
Please note: the stitch patterns used for this garment include written as well as charted instructions.