- Sleeves are worked circularly from cuff to underarm; at that point, underarm stitches are bound off and the raglan sleeve cap is worked flat.
- The garment Body is worked as a single piece (flat) from hem to underarm; after the underarm bind off, Back and both Fronts are divided and worked separately as the Raglan yoke is shaped.
- After completion of Body and Sleeves, garment yoke is assembled using mattress stitch along the raglan lines.
- The band/collar is worked flat from hem to top of shoulders and seamed to fronts upon completion.The back of the shawl collar is worked in a perpendicular direction to the rest of the shawl collar. This section is picked up from the back neck of the garment and worked in a shaped English Rib. Upon completion, this portion of the shawl collar is seamed to the corresponding collar pieces from Front.
- 35¾ (38¾, 42, 45¼, 48½, 51¾)” circumference at chest (buttoned)
- Sample shown is size 38¾” with + 4¾” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 20 stitches & 30 rows = 4″ over Moss Stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 22 stitches & 48 rows = 4″ over English Rib with Size C needle(s), after blocking
Note: For English Rib, if measuring row gauge from the WS (the “brioche” side), each stitch within a knit column counts as two rows.
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain Moss Stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing):
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs* two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C [for Tubular Cast On (optional) and English Rib]:
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size B needle(s) and/or size needed to obtain English Rib gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32” circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e. Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. Please test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.