- The ribbings for the right front, back, and left front
are worked separately from the bottom up. All three sections are then joined together and the body is worked flat in one piece to the armholes, forming side slits where the separate ribbings were joined. The body is then divided for right front, back, and left front and worked separately to the shoulders.
- The sleeves are worked flat and sewn into the armholes. The collar and front bands are picked up and worked after garment assembly.
- 40 (43¼, 44¾, 48½) (53¼, 58, 61¼, 66)" [101.5 (110, 113.5, 123) (135.5, 147.5, 155.5, 167.5) cm] circumference at chest, buttoned
- Sample shown is size 44¾"/113.5 cm with 10¾"/27.5 cm positive ease on model
- 17 stitches & 26 rows = 4"/10 cm in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 71-stitch panel from Chart measures 14½"/37 cm wide (at base) with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 32"/80 cm circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 32"/80 cm circular needle one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4.5 mm (US 7)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32"/80 cm circular needle one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.