- The cardigan is worked in pieces from the bottom up and then sewn together. The collar is picked up around the front and back neck edges, then worked flat and shaped using Short Rows.
- 39¼ (41½, 45¾, 48, 52¼, 54½)” circumference at chest (buttoned)
- Quarry Nest sample shown is size 45¾" with 12¼" ease on model with short hair
- Quarry Gypsum (retired) sample shown is size 41½” with 9½” ease on model with long hair
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 19¾ stitches & 23 rows = 4″ in pattern from Chart A, B, or C with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- One 16-stitch & 32-row repeat from chart measures 3¼” wide and 5½” tall with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 6½ mm (US 10½)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One 47″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 6 mm (US 10)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.