- This garment is worked in two pieces – Front and Back – from cuff to cuff (sideways).
- After working the Front and Back flat and seaming together, the collar, cuffs, and hem are picked up and worked in the round directly onto the garment.
- 34½ (35½, 39, 42, 46, 50½, 55, 59½)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 35½” with + 1½” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 17 stitches & 26 rows = 4″ in Reverse Stockinette Stripe with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- Note: Since garment is worked side-to-side, obtaining the correct row gauge is crucial to achieving the correct measurements
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing):
- One 32″ circular needle and a set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)*, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*If using the Magic Loop method for working the cuffs, the 32″ circular needle can be used and the DPNs omitted.