- The garment pieces are worked flat from the bottom up, and sewn together. The neckband is picked up and worked circularly after garment assembly. The back hem is longer than the front hem; both hems may be worked to the same shorter length if desired.
- 41¼ (44½, 48, 51½, 54¾, 58¼)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 44½” with + 11½” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 14 stitches & 26 rows = 4″ in Purled Garter Mesh Pattern with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 6 mm (US 10)
Size B (for Neckband)
- One 16″ circular needle one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Bind Off only)
- One 16″ circular needle and one spare circular needle (any length), one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used