- This pullover is worked circularly from the top down and separated at the underarms, then the body is worked in the round to the hem. Sleeve stitches are then picked up and worked in the round to the cuffs.
- Short Rows: German Method are used to shape the yoke.
- Two sleeve length options are given.
- 26 stitches & 39 rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 26 stitches & 39 rounds = 4″ in Yoke Chart pattern with Size B needle(s), after blocking
Note: Be sure to swatch both stitch patterns to ensure proper sizing.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size B (for Yoke Chart and Ribbing)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Due to significant variance among knitters, your Yoke Chart fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether this needle size should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A.
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On)
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3 mm (US 2½)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 38¼ (41¾, 46¼, 50½, 54¼, 57¾)” [97 (106, 117.5, 128.5, 138, 146.5) cm] circumference at chest
- Samples shown are size 41¾” [106 cm] with 9¾” [25 cm] ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.