- The pieces are worked flat and sewn together. The pocket placements on the fronts are made by working a portion of the stitches in waste yarn. The waste yarn is later removed and the pocket linings are worked downwards from the upper released stitches; the pocket edgings are worked upwards from the lower released stitches. The neckband is worked from picked up stitches and held stitches from the garment neck edge. The button bands are picked up from the front edges of the garment and collar.
- 39¾ (42¾, 47, 50, 54¾, 57¾)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 42¾” with + 3¾” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 21½ stitches & 34½ rows = 4″ in Single Shaker Rib with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 21-stitch panel from Right or Left Faux Cable Chart measures approximately 4″ wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and a spare needle for Joinery Bind Off in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing and Pocket Lining):
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and/or one 24″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only):
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle*, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.