- 40 (43½, 48, 51½, 56, 59½)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 43½” with + 4½” ease on models
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 16 stitches & 24 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s) and yarn held double, after blocking
- 14 stitches & 44 rows/rounds = 4″ in Brioche Stitch with Size B needle(s) and yarn held double, after blocking
Note that for Brioche Stitch, each elongated stitch in a column of knit stitches represents two rows: when you count these it will appear that 22 rows = 4″
Size A (for Stockinette Stitch Fabric):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain stockinette stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 6½ mm (US 10½)
Size B (for Brioche Stitch Fabric):
- One 32″ circular needle in size needed to obtain Brioche Stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
Size C (for Ribbing):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, and one set of DPNs*, three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Cast On only):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles, and one set of DPNs*, four sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs and/or 16″ circular needle if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e. Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.