- 26 stitches & 40 rounds = 4″ in single-color Stockinette Stitch with Size A Needle, after blocking
- 26 stitches & 40 rounds = 4″ in charted colorwork with Size B Needle, after blocking
Size A (for Single-Color Stockinette Stitch)
- One each 16″, 24″, and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3.25 mm (US 3)
Size B (for Charted Colorwork)
- One each 24″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs*, one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3.5 mm (US 4)
- Due to significant variance among knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether or not Size B should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A.
Size C (for Ribbing)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 2.75 mm (US 2)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs, one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 2.25 mm (US 1)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
*32” circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 35 (37, 38¾, 42½, 47, 50¾)” [89 (94, 98.5, 108, 119.5, 129) cm] circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 38¾” [98.5 cm] with 4¾” [12 cm] ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.