- The garment pieces are worked flat from the bottom up, and sewn together. The neckband is picked up and worked circularly after garment assembly.
- 33¾ (37¼, 41, 44½, 48, 51½)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 37¼” with + 4¼” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 22½ stitches & 42 rows = 4″ in Chevron Stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 22½ stitches & 35 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size B needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Chevron Stitch Fabric and Ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle and one 16″ circular needle in size needed to obtain Chevron Stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size B (for Stockinette Stitch Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle in size needed to obtain stockinette stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size C (for Tubular Cast On and Collar)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle and one 16″ circular needle one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Bind Off only)
- One 16″ circular needle one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Please note: the stitch patterns used for this garment include written as well as charted instructions.