- The body and sleeves are worked circularly from the bottom up and joined at the underarms, then the yoke is worked in the round. A steek is used to create the front neck opening. The front neck steek is secured and then cut open. The collar is worked in two pieces which are then joined using Joinery Bind Off before being sewn into the neck opening. The steek edge will be trapped inside the two layers of the collar.
- 19 stitches & 28 rounds = 4″ in single-color stockinette stitch with Size A needle, after blocking
- 19 stitches & 23 rounds = 4″ in pattern from Peaks Chart with Size A/Size B needle, after blocking
Note: Correct length of the garment is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Single-Color Stockinette Stitch and Single-Color Rounds of Chart Pattern)
- One each 24″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Two-Color Rounds of Chart Pattern)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
Due to significant variance among knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether or not Size B should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A. We recommend trying Speed-Swatching for Circular Knitting.
Size C (for Ribbing)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 40½ (43, 48, 50½, 55½, 58)” [103 (109, 122, 128.5, 141, 147.5) cm] circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 43″ [109 cm] with 7″ [18 cm] ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.