- The back and front are worked flat from the bottom up. The sleeves are worked flat from the top down. The neckband is picked up and worked circularly after garment assembly.
- A circular needle is used to accommodate the large number of stitches.
- The Sloped Bind Off is used at the shoulder and neck edges.
- 47½ (50½, 55, 58, 62½, 65½)” [120.5 (128.5, 139.5, 147.5, 159, 166.5) cm] circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 50½” [128.5 cm] with 18½” [47 cm] ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 20 stitches & 30 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle, after blocking
- 21 stitches & 30 rows = 4″ in Nolan Chart Pattern with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A (for Cable Chart and Stockinette Stitch Fabrics)
- One each 16″ and 24″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauges listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size B (for Ribbing and Neckband)
- One each 16″ and 24″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.