- 18 stitches & 21 rounds = 4″ in chart patterns with Size A/Size B needle, after blocking
Size A (for Single-Color Rounds of Stockinette Stitch)
- One 24″ circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Two-Color Rounds of Chart Patterns)
One 24″ circular needle, one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
Due to significant variance among knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched and wet-blocked prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether or not needle Size B should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A. Please read about Speed-Swatching for Circular Knitting (see Special Techniques).
Size C (for Ribbing)
- One 24″ circular needle, three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Cast On and Bind Off only)
One 24″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 32″ [81.5 cm] circumference at bottom; 24″ [61 cm] circumference at top; 16″ [40.5 cm] length