- The back and front are worked flat from the bottom up. The front neck edges have a self-finished edge, and each side of the collar is worked as an extension of the front. The collar stitches are then joined using Joinery Bind Off, and the edge is sewn to the back neck. The sleeves are picked up from the edges of the upper body and worked from the top down.
- 41½ (45, 48¾, 52¼, 55¾, 59¼)” [105.5 (114.5, 124, 132.5, 141.5, 150.5) cm] circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 45″ [114.5 cm] with 13″ [33 cm] positive ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 18 stitches & 28 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 10-stitch panel from Left or Right Side Panel Chart measures 15/8″ wide
- 16-stitch panel from Chevron Chart or Inverse Chevron Chart measures 3″ wide
- 11-stitch panel from Center Body Panel Chart measures 1¾” wide
- 14-stitch panel from Sleeve Chart measures 2¼” wide
Note: All chart measurements given are with Size A needle(s), after blocking.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 24″ circular needle* two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used.
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.