- Body is knit in two pieces, Back and Front, from cuff to cuff (sideways).
- After working Front and Back flat and seaming together, the collar, ribbed cuffs and hem are all picked up and worked in the round directly from the garment.
- Finished Gauge: 22 stitches & 32 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needles, after blocking
Note that finished (blocked) Row Gauge is of critical importance in this pattern. If you are not matching row gauge, shaping rates will need to be re-calculated along the edges to match schematic measurements. Swatching beforehand is very much encouraged.
Size A (Gauge Needle):
- One pair of straight or one 32″ long circular needle(s), and one 16″ long circular, in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
- One 32″ circular needle and a set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 2¾ mm (US 2)
If using the Magic Loop method for working Sleeves in the round, the 32″ circular needles can be used and the DPNs omitted.
- 48 (52, 56, 60, 64, 68)” finished chest circumference
- This is an oversized garment intended to fit 30-32 (34-36, 38-40, 42-44, 46-48, 50-52)” chest
- Sample shown is size 52″ on model with a 34″ chest