- Hat is worked circularly from the bottom up, beginning with a tubular cast on.
- 26½ stitches & 30 rounds = 4″ in Twisted Stitch pattern from Main Chart with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 16″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing):
- One 16″ circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only):
- One 16″ circular needle, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs and 16″ circular if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round.
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. Please test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 16½ (18, 18, 18)” circumference; 7 (7, 7½, 8½)” length
- Sized for 2 years (4–6 years, 8–10 years, youth–adult)
- Sample shown is size 4–6 years on model of 6 years
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.