- 20 stitches & 28 rounds = 4″ in Lice section of Galloway Chart (Rounds 16–32) with Size A needle, after blocking
- 20 stitches & 22 rounds = 4″ in Colorwork section of Galloway Chart (Rounds 1–15 and Rounds 33–69) with Size B needle, after blocking
- Note: Correct length of the garment is dependent upon achieving the stated round gauge.
Size A (for Stockinette Stitch and Lice Section of Galloway Chart)
- One each 24″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Colorwork section of Galloway Chart)
- One each 24″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs, one size larger than Size A
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Due to significant variance between knitters, your colorwork fabric should be swatched prior to knitting your sweater to determine whether or not Size B should be larger, smaller or equal to Size A. Please read about Speed Swatching for Circular Knitting (see Special Techniques).
Size C (for Ribbing)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (e.g., Sleeves).
- 33 (38, 43, 47½, 52½, 57)” [84 (96.5, 109, 120.5, 133.5, 145) cm] circumference at bust
- Intended Ease: + 3–5″ [7.5–12.5 cm]
- Sample shown is size 38″ [96.5 cm] with 7″ [18 cm] ease on model