- Approximately 150 yards of worsted-weight wool yarn
- 2 skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Shelter (100 % US Targhee-Columbia Wool; 140 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Fossil
- Hat is worked in the round from the bottom up.
- 4.5 stitches and 7 rows per inch in Stockinette stitch with larger needle
- A 16” circular in size needed to obtain gauge listed above
- A 16” circular three sizes smaller than gauge needle
- One set of DPNs in same size as gauge needle
- Suggested needle sizes: US 5 (3.75mm) & US 8 (5mm)
- 25” circumference before blocking at widest point
- 8” total height
- Average Adult (to fit head sizes 21-24”)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.
11 January 2011:
The written instructions for Round 48 (third page of pattern) should read as follows: ”Work as directed by chart until the end of round, remover marker, slip two stitches from L to R needle, replace marker. This indicates new beginning of round.” (The previous version only instructed for one stitch to be slipped on this round.)