- This garment is worked from the bottom up in pieces. The front is worked circularly using a steek, and the back is worked flat. Additional steeks are used to work armhole and neck shaping. The shoulders are shaped on the back only, and the front and back shoulders are joined using the Joinery Bind Off. The collar is picked up and worked circularly. Stitches are picked up around the armholes and bound off using the I-Cord Bind Off.
- 29 stitches & 40 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 29 stitches & 36 rounds = 4" in Etched Chart pattern with Size B needle, after blocking
Size A (for stockinette stitch and ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32" circular needle* and 16” circular needle** and double-pointed needles (DPNs) in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3.25 mm (US 3)
Size B (for stranded stockinette stitch)
- One 20" circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3.5 mm (US 4)
- 36¾ (40, 43¼, 46½, 50) (53¼, 56½, 59¾, 63¼)" [93.5 (101.5, 110, 118, 127) (135, 143.5, 152, 160.5) cm] circumference at chest
- Sample shown with Woodsmoke as MC is size 40" [101.5 cm] with 8" [20.5 cm] ease on model
- Sample shown with Cast Iron as MC is size 46½" [118 cm] with 0" [0 cm] ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns used for this garment are charted only.