- The body is knit in the round to the underarms, with short rows used to create the dropped back hem. The front and back are then divided and worked separately to the shoulders, which are shaped with short rows. The saddles are attached to the live front and back stitches, as for a knitted-on border. The sleeve stitches are then picked up around the armholes, and are worked in the round. The sleeve cap is shaped with short rows. The cuffs are finished with a Tubular Bind Off.
- The neckband is picked up after the body is complete, worked in the round, and finished with a Tubular Bind Off.
- 18 stitches & 28 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing):
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On and Bind Off only):
- One each 24″ and 32″ circular needles, two sizes smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e. Sleeves)
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. Please test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 32 (35½, 40, 43½, 47, 50¾, 55)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 35½” with +2″ ease on model