- 165 yards (150 meters) | 50 grams | DK weight
- 2-ply woolen-spun construction
- 60% 20.5 micron Merino wool from Utah & Nevada
- 40% organic cotton from Texas Organic Cotton Marketing Cooperative
- Wool scoured at Chargeurs Wool USA in South Carolina
- Cotton ginned at Woolam Gin in Texas
- Spun at Crescent Woolen Mills in Wisconsin
- Skein dyed at Caledonian Dye Works in Pennsylvania
- Finished at Clemson Winding in Pennsylvania
100% developed, sourced, processed, spun and dyed in the USA.
We sourced fluffy organic cotton from Texas and fine Merino wool from Utah & Nevada to create a yarn that knits like wool and wears like cotton. Our sweet spot – a 60/40 wool-cotton blend that balances Merino wool’s elasticity and bounce with cotton’s breathability and softness. Dapple’s woolen-spun construction creates sweatshirt-soft fabrics that are perfect for next-to-skin wear, with the heathered look of our favorite wool yarns.
Learn more about our woolen-spun yarns.
Dapple’s blend of Merino wool and organic cotton is dyed in the skein with traditional wool dyes. Only the wool in the yarn absorbs color, leaving speckles of undyed organic cotton scattered throughout each skein to create gently heathered hues with an engaging tonal effect. Experiment with fades, ombres and nuanced colorwork in your knitting – Dapple’s darker colorways tend to display greater variability of tone, while lighter colorways are more softly shaded.
Learn more about Dapple’s unique colorways: Tips For Tonals.
If you have specific color preferences, please leave a note in the Special Instructions box on the cart page before checking out. For more information please visit our FAQ.