- The pieces are worked flat and sewn together. The neckband is picked up and worked circularly, then bound off using Tubular Bind Off. Stitches may be bound off using another method if preferred.
- 33¼ (37, 40¼, 43¾, 47, 50¾)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 37″ with + 4″ ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 21½ stitches & 29 rows = 4″ in Left or Right Trinity Stitch from charts with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 20-stitch panel from Staghorn Chart measures 3¼” wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 4-stitch panel from Right or Left Rope Chart measures 5⁄8″ wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5½ mm (US 9)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and one 16″ circular needle two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On and Bind Off only)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.