- 16 stitches & 46 rows = 4″ in Brioche Stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Note: For Brioche Stitch, each elongated stitch in a column of knit stitches represents two rows; when you count these it will appear that 23 rows = 4″ 18 stitches & 28 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size B needle(s), after blocking 19-stitch panel from either chart measures 4″ wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Brioche Fabric)
- One 32″ or 40″ circular needle and one spare circular needle (32″ or longer) in size needed to obtain Brioche Stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Stockinette Stitch Fabric)
- One 16″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)*, in size needed to obtain stockinette stitch gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size C (for Ribbing)
- One set of DPNs* three sizes smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size D (for Sleeve Tubular Cast On only)
- One set of DPNs* one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs and/or 16″ circular needle if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e., Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 17¾ (19¾, 21¾, 23¾, 25¾, 27¾)” back width from center of underarm to center of underarm; approximately 35½ (39½, 43½, 47½, 51½, 55½)” circumference at chest with fronts overlapping
- Sample shown is size 39½” with + 6½” ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.