- The body and sleeves are worked circularly and joined at the underarms, then the yoke is worked in the round. For Version III, the neck shaping begins before joining the body and sleeves; the last few body rows are worked back and forth. While shaping the neck, the yoke is worked back and forth. The collar or neckband is picked up and worked in the round after the garment is blocked.
- 18 stitches & 32 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch or Texture Pattern with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Note: Correct length of the one-piece yoke is dependent upon achieving the stated row/round gauge.
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One each 24″ and 32″ circular needle and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size B (for Ribbing)
- One each 16″, 24″ and 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only)
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e., Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
- 34¾ (38¼, 41¾, 45¼, 49, 52½)” circumference at chest
- Version I is shown in size 38¼” with 3¼” ease on model
- Version II is shown in size 38¼” with 6¼”ease on model
- Version III is shown in size 34¾” with 2¾” ease on model
Please note: the stitch patterns used for this garment include written as well as charted instructions.