- All pieces are worked flat and then sewn together. The front and back armholes are shaped differently and the sleeve caps are not symmetrical. A ribbed neckband is picked up after garment assembly and worked circularly.
- 39 (43, 46½, 50, 53½, 57)” / 99 (109, 118, 127, 136, 145) cm circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 43″ (109 cm) with 2″ (5 cm) ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 27 stitches & 36 rows = 4” in chart pattern with Size A needle(s)
- Measurement taken from relaxed fabric after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32” circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size B (for Ribbing and Neckband)
- One pair of straight needles or a 32” circular needle and one 16” circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3 mm (US 2½)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On and Bind Off only)
- One each 16” and 32” circular needles one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 2¾ mm (US 2)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.