- The front and back are worked flat from the bottom up and sewn together. The sleeve stitches are picked up around the armhole edge and worked circularly from the top down. The collar is picked up and worked circularly.
- 49 (52½, 56½, 60, 63, 67)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 52½” with + 18” ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 17 stitches & 29 rows = 4″ in reverse stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 14 stitch panel from Chart A or B measures 2 5⁄8″ wide with Size A needle(s), after blocking
- 18 stitches & 30 rounds = 4″ in 2×2 Ribbing with Size B needle(s), unstretched after blocking
- 21 stitches & 32 rounds = 4″ in 2×2 Ribbing with Size C needle(s), unstretched after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric and Collar Ribbing)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 5 mm (US 8)
Size B (for Ribbing and Tubular Bind Off)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) one size smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size C (for Ribbing and Tubular Cast On)
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs) one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 4 mm (US 6)
Size D (optional; for Tubular Bind Off only)
- One set of DPNs, one size smaller than Size C
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.