- The garment is worked in eight pieces: Front, Back, two Side Panels, and two each of Upper and Under Sleeve pieces. Princess shaping is worked at the join between the Front, Back, and Side Panels. The Upper and Under Sleeves are worked separately in colors to match the facing body panels. The pieces are sewn together. The princess seams match the sleeve seams at the armhole/sleeve cap join.
- 34½ (38, 41¼, 44¾, 48, 51¼)” circumference at chest (seamed)
- Sample shown is size 38” with + 4″ ease on model
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 19 stitches & 29 rows = 4″ in stockinette stitch or Texture Pattern from chart with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing):
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle* and a 16″ circular needle, two sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3¾ mm (US 5)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only):
- One pair of straight needles or a 32″ circular needle*, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
*Knitter’s preferred style of needle may be used
Note: You will need two circular needles in Size B (or one size smaller or larger), to divide the stitches for the tubular bind off on the collar.
Please note: the stitch patterns for this garment are charted only.