This simple lace shrug makes a great layer for spring and summer. Wear it casually with jeans and a top or dressed up over a sun dress with ballet flats.
The garment’s minimalist shape makes for smooth, enjoyable knitting. After working the lace fabric for each half, a garter stitch hem is picked up and worked circularly around the front opening to finish. Garter stitch cuffs are used to finish the three-quarter sleeves.
- Approximately 1150 (1230, 1305, 1395, 1510) yards of fingering weight wool yarn
- 5 (5, 5, 6, 6) skeins of Brooklyn Tweed Loft (100% American Targhee-Columbia wool; 275 yards/50g)
- Photographed in color Plume
- 23 stitches & 36 rows = 4″ in lace pattern with Size A needle, after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One 32″ long or longer circular needle in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 3 mm (US 2½)
Size B (for Garter Stitch Edgings):
- One 32″ long circular needle, one size smaller than Size A needle
- Suggested Size: 2¾ mm (US 2)
- Width (Back Center height): 25¼ (26¼, 26¼, 27¼ 28¼)”
- Cuff-to-Cuff Length: 49½ (51½, 53½, 55½, 57½)”
- To fit approximate bust size 32-34 (36-38, 40-42, 44-46, 48-50)”
- Sample shown is first size, shown on model with 34″ bust