- The body is worked circularly from the bottom up, then the front and back are worked flat to the shoulders. The sleeves are worked circularly to the underarm, then the cap is worked flat. The collar is picked up and worked circularly after garment assembly.
- 39¼ (43¼, 47¼, 51¼, 55¼, 59¼)” circumference at chest
- Sample shown is size 43¼” with + 4¼” ease on models
Need help picking a size? See our resource page on Selecting a Sweater Size 101.
- 20 stitches & 30 rows/rounds = 4″ in stockinette stitch with Size A needle(s), after blocking
Size A (for Main Fabric):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of double-pointed needles (DPNs)* in size needed to obtain gauge listed
- Suggested Size: 4½ mm (US 7)
Size B (for Ribbing and Neckband):
- One each 16″ and 32″ circular needles and one set of DPNs*, three sizes smaller than Size A
- Suggested Size: 3½ mm (US 4)
Size C (optional; for Tubular Cast On only):
- One 32″ circular needle and one set of DPNs*, one size smaller than Size B
- Suggested Size: 3¼ mm (US 3)
*32″ circular needle can be used instead of DPNs and 16″ circular if using the Magic Loop method for working small circumferences in the round (i.e., Sleeves).
Note: If you have adjusted the needle size to obtain the correct gauge, it may or may not be necessary to make a matching adjustment to the needle size used for Tubular Cast On due to variance in individual work. You may wish to test your chosen cast-on method on your swatch.
Please note: the stitch patterns in this garment are charted only.